- ½ Cup Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil.
- 2 Cans Caribbean Sunshine Ackees (drained).
- 1 lb. Boneless Salted Codfish.
- 2 Tablespoons Caribbean Sunshine Ackee & Saltfish Seasoning.
- ½ Cup diced, assorted bell peppers (red, yellow, green, orange).
- 1 Onion, diced.
- 1 Tablespoon Caribbean Sunshine Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce (optional).
- Rinse the Salted Codfish in cold water.
- Boil for 1 hour. Drain, replace with fresh water and boil for another hour.
- Rinse the Codfish in cold water and allow to cool.
- Break the Codfish into small pieces.
- Heat the Oil in a large Frying Pan over medium heat.
- Sauté the Bell Peppers and Onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the Codfish, Ackee & Saltfish Seasoning, and Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce (optional).
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes stirring as needed.
- Add the Ackee and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully spoon the Ackee into the Codfish and Vegetables being careful not to break the Ackee.
Serve with Boiled Bananas, Boiled Yams, Boiled Dumplings, Johnny Cakes, or Festival. Enjoy!
Caribbean Sunshine Related Products:
Serves 4-6 People.