- 3 Tablespoons Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil.
- 1 Cup White or Basmati Rice.
- 1 Can Caribbean Sunshine Green Pigeon Peas or
1 Can Caribbean Sunshine Dried Pigeon Peas or
1 Can Caribbean Sunshine Green Pigeon Peas with Coconut Milk.
- 1 Cup Caribbean Sunshine Coconut Milk (not necessary if Caribbean Sunshine Green Pigeon Peas with Coconut Milk is used.
- ½ Medium Onion diced.
- 2 Tablespoons Caribbean Sunshine All Purpose Seasoning.
- 2 Cups Water.
- 1 Tablespoon Caribbean Sunshine Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce (optional).
- Heat Oil in a medium Saucepan.
- Add Onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in Rice, Pigeon Peas, All Purpose Seasoning, and Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce and sauté for about an additional minute.
- Add Coconut Milk (if applicable), and Water, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover with a lid and let simmer for about 30 minutes or until Rice is cooked.
Serve with any delicious Caribbean protein including those seasoned with Jerk, Brown Stew, Curry etc. This dish is good with just about anything. For additional heat and Scotch Bonnet Pepper flavor, sprinkle Caribbean Sunshine Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce on the entire meal. Enjoy!
Caribbean Sunshine Related Products:
Serves 4-6 People.